The Glitch in the Glam
Paige Murtaugh is the creator of the Fast Fashion Show "The Glitch in the Glam", an interactive, satirical street action performed yearly on Black Friday. There is a high cost to cheap clothes, we just don't see it. The goal of this piece is to invite viewers to examine their shopping choices this holiday season by highlighting the lunacy of our over-consumption. Props and art materials were sourced from dumpsters around Los Angeles, Goodwill, friends, and front laws. The models represent different impacts fast fashion has on our world.
- Cotton: The GMO fabric of our lives
- Garment Workers: Who makes our clothes?
- Sales: Who cares if it doesn't fit? She got it for 75% off
- Waste: Drowning in packaging
- Sleepwalking: Our zombie-like shopping addiction
- Seasonal: With 52 seasons a year in fast fashion, keeping up with trends is tough... on our planet
Cast and Crew Call for 2019's Fast Fashion Show
Want to be apart of the circus? Looking for production designers, body positive models, cinematographers, and general troublemakers to take "The Glitch in the Glam" to the next level, showcasing on Black Friday Nov 23rd, 2019.